Goal: The Coalition will ensure a globally competitive workforce to meet the need of employers by creating solutions for quality workforce development, both locally and regionally.
Quantity of the workforce:
· Identify youth and unemployed workers through the local workforce investment boards to meet regional needs.
· Conduct labor force forecast and gap analysis.
· Recruit workforce from outside the region.
Quality and Reliability of the workforce:
· Encourage, promote and report employers’ and employees’ participation in Oklahoma’s Career Readiness Certificate (Work Keys)
· Encourage, promote and report K-12, Career Tech and High Education's participation in Oklahoma's Career Readiness Certificate (Work Keys)
· Encourage, promote and report K-12, Career Tech and Higher Education's participation in skill level assessment and development (Key Train).
· Identify regional high skills-high wage employment opportunities for internship application.
· Promote incumbent worker training to upgrade skills.
Sector/Industry Cluster Strategy:
Identify critical sectors to begin strategic planning process
· Develop a team to assess the workforce issues of each sector, develop a plan of action to address those issues, implement the plan of action, and evaluate and improve the plan.
o Use existing research or conduct new research for identified sectors.
o Identify common skills related to occupations within the sectors
o Identify skill levels for occupations
o Determine the workforce needs by skill set and level and gap between needed and actual
o Develop an action plan to fill gaps
· Develop timelines to complete sector planning
· Identify additional sectors/industry clusters for strategic planning
Lead Institutions: ASCOG & SWODA